March 5, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am not a big fan of oatmeal raisin cookies (I don't like raisins in things).  If you're going to have a cookie it should have chocolate in it!  When I found this  Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe on the back of my flour bag I knew I had to try it.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used half of a bag plus a little extra!)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, I did not put the walnuts in mine, not a fan of nuts in cookies)
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
1.  In a large bowl, mix brown sugar and butter until blended.  Beat in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy.  Mix in oats, flour, and baking soda; stir in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts (optional).
2.  Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
3.  Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.  Once cookies are cooled, store in an air tight container.
I bake my cookies for 1-2 minutes less than what it says, I like my cookies soft and a bit gooey.
Here they are:
Now doesn't that just make you want to bake some cookies right now.  They are so yummy, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment