April 25, 2012

Freezing Cookie Dough

My family likes to have cookies once in awhile but when I make them, the 3 of us can never eat them all.  Then I remembered that a friend had mentioned freezing her cookies after they cooled.  Well I decided to change that idea a little because I only like cookies right out of the oven.  When I make cookies, I bake 6 (2 each) and then continue to ball the rest of the dough into the correct portion and put them in a freezer bag.  On the bag I write the temperature and the amount of time to bake them (I add 2 minutes due to them being frozen) and put them in the freezer.  So, whenever we feel like a cookie I grab a few out of the freezer and throw them in the oven.
I also use parchment paper on my cookie sheets so I don’t have to wash the pan!  That makes baking cookies so much more enjoyable.  Parchment paper is expensive, but I wait until I find a coupon in the newspaper before I buy it.  Then I cut it to just fit my sheet, when I am done using it, I fold it up and use it again for the next batch of cookies.  I read that you can reuse it a few times; I use it no more than 3 times.  That way I feel like I am getting my money out of it.
One more cookie tip, if you like warm cookies like me, I put non-warm cookies in the microwave for 11 seconds (some microwaves may very).  Put one or 2 on a napkin toss it in the microwave and yum yum!
-Piper

1 comment:

  1. Please start posting pics so I can pin your stuff! I wanted to pin the wax paper/glue gun post, too.

    ReplyDelete