February 20, 2012

Homemade cleaners

We like to save money, and what better way to save than by making your own household cleaners.  With little ones at home its nice to know that the cleaners you are using are safe.  I found a website that shares how to make  non-toxic household cleaners and gives you lots of tips.  I know there are tons of websites out there that do the same thing but this one had the cleaners I was looking to make and it used ingredients  I already had at home!  The website is: http://eartheasy.com/live_nontoxic_solutions.htm
I really like the disinfectant recipe and the furniture polish recipe.  I use them all the time.  For the furniture polish, you need to wipe it a couple of times or it could leave a little residue, but other than that its great!  I haven't tried their floor cleaner, I'm a little nervous to put oil on my hardwood floors.  So I just use water and vinegar for my floors and that seems to do the job.
I hope you can find some new cleaning recipes to make your house clean and safe all while saving money!  Who wouldn't love that!
- Kiley

No comments:

Post a Comment