February 23, 2012

Make up remover and shower cleaner

Update!! Read the blog New Eye Make Up Remover (Even for waterproof mascara!) for a new recipe!


Here are some more ways to save a few dollars!  My sister Piper found some different how to's on Pinterest and shared them with us.  I have only tried these two.

Make up remover:
DIY makeup remover that's even better than the MOST expensive brands. Easy to make, super cheap, and removes even the toughest waterproof makeup. Here's the recipe: 1 cup water; 1.5 TBSP Baby Shampoo Tear-Free; 1/8 TSP olive oil or coconut oil. Shake and save or share with friends!!!
*I have only used the make up remover a couple of times.  It works!  But I wouldn't say it get all of the make up off.  I still had a little mascara left.  I think it could use a little more oil, like 1/4 tsp instead of an 1/8 tsp.  I haven't added any more oil to mine yet, but I'm thinking about it.  Some people suggest using baby oil, I didn't have any so I used the olive oil.  And cotton balls are good for removing the make up.

Shower cleaner:
12 ounces white vinegar
12 ounces liquid, blue Dawn detergent
1.  Heat vinegar in microwave until hot and pour into squirt bottle.
2.  Add the Dawn soap. Put the lid on and gently shake to incorporate.
3.  You now have a powerful cleaning product that will melt soap scum and tub and shower buildup, clean sinks, appliances and just about anything. Just spray it on, scrub, rinse and be amazed. For tough soap scum build-up, spray the mixture on and allow it to sit as long as overnight. Then, scrub and rinse.
*Ok I hate the smell of vinegar, once it is heated it becomes even more awful, so beware!  My container wouldn't hold 12 ounces of both liquids so I used 8 ounces of vinegar and soap  (1 cup vinegar, 1 cup soap).  It seemed to do the job.  The great thing was that it didn't leave any residue after rinsing.  When I make this again I will probably only use 1/2 cup of soap.  The 1 cup seemed to make it too soapy.

I hope this is helpful to you!  Enjoy!
 -Kiley

Update!! Read the blog New Eye Make Up Remover (Even for waterproof mascara!) for a new recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment